The 92nd annual ‘s Thanksgiving Day Parade is scheduled to take place LIVE on Thursday, November 22, 2018 with giant-sized balloons taking over the skies of Manhattan.
Recently Macy’s released the lineup of the 2018 parade, including new character balloons.
I am sure you all might be eager to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and watch those giant-sized helium balloons.
If you cant wait till the Parade day, then you can have the first glimpse of these helium filled ballons during the Balloon Inflation event which takes place near the American Museum of Natural History on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.
I am sure you might be searching for all the details of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Inflation 2018.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Inflation 2018 :
Every year, more than 3.5 million people gather on the streets of Manhattan to witness the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Similarly, tens of thousands crowd the streets surrounding the American Museum of Natural History to witness the Balloon Inflation event as these giant-sized helium filled balloons come to life.
If you have small kids, then it is advisable that you take them to watch the Macy’s Balloon Inflation Event rather than taking them to the over crowded Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade – which they can enjoy on TV.
This year the Macy’s Balloon Inflation will take place on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 from 3 – 10 pm with visitors welcome to join a procession that starts at 79th Street and Columbus Avenue, circling the museum between 77th and 81st Streets and Central Park West and Columbus Avenue.
This map below shows the Macy’s Thanksgiving Balloon Inflation access and viewing areas. The public entrance to the Macy’s Parade Balloon Inflation is located at 79th Street and Columbus Avenue.
Tips for Going to Macy’s Parade Balloon Inflation:
- More than tens of thousands of people gather to witness the inflation event hence it is advisable to arrive earlier so that it is less crowded and you can reserve a better viewing spot.
- The Balloons begin taking shape around 4:30-5 p.m., making that a great time to try to visit.
- The admission to the viewing area is stopped at 9:15 p.m, so try reaching at the spot before that.
- It is recommended that you reach the balloon inflation area taking public transit as the crowds will make parking nearby nearly impossible and access to the area difficult for taxis as well.
- If you’re visiting with young children, please keep a close eye on them as every year there are numerous announcements for missing children. In late evening time, when it is dark and crowded, it can be hard to keep track of small children.
Photos & Videos of Macy’s Parade Balloon Inflation :
Macy’s Parade 2018 Balloons :
The balloons that will be part of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2018 will include – Hello Kitty, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Pillsbury Doughboy, Pikachu, Spongbob Squarepants, Toothless, Adventure Time with Finn & Jake, The Elf on the Shelf, Snoopy & Woodstock, Skylanders Eruptor, Thomas the Tank Engine, Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, Paddington, Angry Birds Red, Ronald McDonald, Scrat & his Acorn, Sinclair Oil Dinosaur, Mario, Ice Age Scrat
hence you can expect to see these balloons coming to life on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Inflation Live Streaming & Live TV Broadcast :
Official Live Broadcast of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Inflation does not take place, but you can get the news cover age of the event on local news channels in New York City.
Live Streaming of Macy’s Parade Balloon Inflation might be available online on YouTube, Justin.TV, Ustream, etc but you will have to search for it.